12.17.2010

what is wrong with me

i can't argue I'm too nice, i debate and state points
not too quick to give advice, nice teeth warm eyes
i sing songs and play alright, I draw paint and try to write a good line
i'm damaged by experience but I don't dwell, i gather insight
i don't speak ill, or fill with ill will
i don't get drunk and blather or beat
i don't cheat
my mind is strange and unique
i kiss like softness and your name stays warm when i speak
my heart sips u like warm tea
and tastes only sweetness honey
in your eyes on the phone
it's not you anymore
was she there to begin with
was she anything at all
you
can
fade
away
into
the
background
like
music
on
rainy
days

and that's all i get
relief is breaking
this time
no fixing broken line
no changing spiteful eyes
hello night
we are alone together again

1 comment:

  1. All alone! Whether we like it or not, alone is something you'll be quite alot...Dr Seuss
    BTW I thought of you last night, went to see my pals band play on "Mateo" street :)

    ReplyDelete