12.14.2009

a convo in the key of M

the sounds of the snaps, and the claps that we made
echoed and rolled, away with the train
no other place, felt quite the same
as I did when you said that you felt like you needed to breathe;
something new and extreme

I thought way too much and it wasn't enough
my mind is stuffed with too many ideas
I want it all I want everything,
I want to wake while I dream and then sleep
sleep off all of the weight and the fate
the destiny that too soon will consume me
it's all that I see
you have holes in your theory and I'm growing weary
of righting the wrongs in our history
so please leave it be

2 comments:

  1. You know this is really great and speaks to me so much as I am dealing with my Bipolar best pal right now who is also fighting PTSD

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you relate Wendie, that's always satisfying when someone relates something personal with themselves

    ReplyDelete