4.17.2009

Yet, Again?

Tilt this way, don't talk like that
come on, come with me
no, no there's not a chance
don't like it, just go back
each little
string will
hold
you
from
you
every light blinks in your eyes
washing streets in your ears
my, oh my
stretching the back
the night is on fire
cool blue flames
we are
a part
of
something
so
damn
real

what's the difference
my life, my life, my life
what holds my thought
what broad waste does charity ride on
and who does this earth turn on
in the biblical and all other terms
go
go
go
go
lost

Those snaps
those wild imitation fears
cold November water
a division of there and here
the dangers of standing still
what truth the darkness becomes
some
things
are too
cold
to
bear

1 comment:

  1. We are a part of something so damn real. I like it. I may tattoo it somewhere on my body. ;) awesome work, Matt. You rock

    ReplyDelete